Your eyes may be the windows to your soul, but it’s really your smile that’s the real winner. However, a big, bright and healthy smile takes time and is not an overnight process, unless you are genetically blessed with unstained, pearly whites. However, you can turn things around. Listed below are the dos and don’ts of maintaining an irresistible smile.
- Chew More: Look for foods that require plenty of chewing, as this help exfoliate the teeth and act like natural stain removers.
- Snack on Greens: Leafy greens, such as spinach and kale, create a film on your teeth that prevents stains.
- Wipe It Down: You don’t completely have to forego your favorite beverages, like coffee or wine. You can still enjoy them, but remember to rinse your mouth after consumption. Also, drink water after consuming any beverage that can stain your teeth.
- Brush and Floss: This one is a no-brainer and probably one you were expecting the minute you started reading. The truth is that there is really no shortcut to this step. You need to brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. If you consume items that stain your teeth on a regular basis, there’s no harm in brushing your teeth for the third time every day.
- Get Professional Assistance: Regular checkups with your dentist will help point out any present problems that may harm your smile. A good and professional cleaning is extremely important for maintaining a dazzling smile.
- No Cheating: Don’t replace brushing and flossing with mints and mouthwash, as they are not effective at removing stains.
- No Smoking: Smoking is not only dangerous for your overall health but also your oral health. It can cause teeth staining, dry mouth and halitosis.
- Avoid Strainers: Eatables that can cause your clothes to stain are definitely going to make your teeth stain, so limit consumption of items like red wine, coffee, and tea.
These are some dos and don’ts you can follow to retain your beautiful smile.