Tooth or Oral-decay is common problem children are facing in America. More than half of the children population in the US is suffering from one or more than one oral health issue. This has raised the alarm and parents need to pay attention to their child oral health. Dentistry for children is the need for today. It is very important to start early and look for the consultation before the situation gets bad enough. It is also important to monitor the oral health of a child as soon as teeth appear in the age.
When to visit your dentist?
You can visit the nearest Dentistry for children when you seek the following symptoms in your child’s oral health:
- When they observe bleeding while brushing in the morning, usually the child observes coming of the blood when they brush their teeth. It can be a serious issue of the infection. Visit the dentist if you see bleeding in the wash basin.
- Submission of pus in the gum line, Pus is the yellow material not to be confused with plaques. It happens near the gum areas and usually burst out while brushing. This may also be the cause of the infection that usually happens due to the negligence of oral health.
- Lose teeth is also a sign of serious gum disease. It shows that your child’s gums are not strong enough to hold the teeth.
- The sour taste of the mouth that won’t go away even if you are eating that is not sour; it is also a beginning of the mouth problems that need dentist attention.
How a visit can help my child’s oral health?
Visiting Dentistry for Children is start from the age of a year or when the first tooth appears. It is recommended to visit the family as he/she is aware of the problems your family has witnessed in terms of oral health. Do not force your child to visit the dentist or used as a threat if they are not maintaining the oral health instead makes it fun as a visit to meet a helper that can cure without any pain.
Some Useful tips to maintain the good oral health of a child at Home:
- Ask them to brush their teeth at least twice a day. First, when they woke up in the morning and second before going to bed. It is recommended by most of the dentist around the globe.
- Use soft toothbrushes specially designed for the children. Circular motion with soft hands on the teeth is essential to remove plaques or yellow deposition.
- Use fluoride toothpaste that is suitable for children. Always remind them not to swallow the paste while brushing. Fluoride toothpaste helps them to fight germs that can cause tooth decay and other gum related problems.
It is always recommended to change the toothbrush every 3 months for adults as well as for children. Watch out for the brush hairs and their alignment for early replacements.